The APL Windchill running shoe is one of the three models from Athletic Propulsion Labs that are claimed to help you run faster via the use of compression springs (the Load and Launch Technology).
From the company:
Featuring APL’s patented Load ‘N Launch® technology tuned specifically for running, the Windchill is designed to make the user run faster while using less energy. The 3-layer FloZone upper surrounds an open air mesh bootie for lightweight comfort. This construction allows cool air to constantly flow through the shoe, while the hot air escapes out the back. 8mm drop.
– Load ‘N Launch® technology is designed to make the user run faster and do so while exerting less energy.
– FloZone upper construction allows unrestricted airflow throughout the entire shoe, offering a cool ride and extreme breathability.
– Internal Fit System comprised of a full length open air mesh bootie keeps all foot shapes comfortable and locked in.
– Compression Midsole is carved out in key areas to reduce overall weight while providing the perfect balance of cushioning and rebound.
– Solid rubber outsole with integrated forefoot crashpad is engineered for midfoot strike to promote proper running form.
– The 8mm drop from the heel to the forefoot places your foot in a natural position for efficient running.
Design Features:[table “” not found /]