Alpinestars are primarily a manufacturer of technical and high performance protective gear for motorcycling and autoracing based in Asolo, Veneto, Italy. Founded in 1963 by Sante Mazzarolo, they started out making hiking and ski boots, but then progressed to making boots for motocross racing. In their range of products they have the Alpinestars 100 Running Shoe:
The shoe are available from Amazon.com.
From the company:
* Constructed from a lightweight and breathable multi-mesh upper for airflow and incorporates a seamless microfiber chassis for durability and structural integrity.
* Innovative lacing system which includes a lace eyelet tuning system running around the ankle to the instep making a light chassis closure for precise and comfortable fit.
* Tongue and collar incorporate highly breathable micro-perforated textile for additional cooling performance.
* Anti-slide Achilles’ support collar, constructed from technical textile for comfort and breathability, helps keep foot in position while training/running.
* The TPU toe-tip reinforcement gives more structure/stability and abrasion resistance.
* Advanced PU heel frame construction incorporates a PU carbon texture area to give excellent structure and stability.
* The 100 Running Shoe features a unique, high strength sole construction offering durability, rigidity and protective performance.
* Alpinestars’ exclusive vulcanized compound outer sole with dual density EVA foam for cushioning and repeated foot-fall shock absorption.
* Technical dual midsole construction with EVA foam double layered padding for additional comfort cushioning.
* Internal heel counter layered under the upper for structural integrity and support.
* Anatomical footbed profiled with Lycra® top lining and different hardness EVA foams: soft in the forefoot and harder on the arch to offer support and comfort.
* Tongue and collar soft padding for comfort and fit.