• suppresses hyperactive reflexes at spinal level – may act by mimicking actions of GABA (they are structurally similar)
• has no direct effects on muscles – does not affect strength (dantrolene does)
• decreases spasms in flexor ad extensor muscles and suppresses resistance to passive movement
• used for spasticity in multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy
• adverse effects – baclofen is a CNS depressant (drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, fatigue); nausea, constipation, urinary retention
|We have not yet got to this page to finish it yet. We will eventually. Please contact us if you have something to contribute to it or sign up for our newsletter or like us on Facebook and Instagram or follow us on Twitter.
Page last updated: