Single Limb Stance Position:
This can be used as a reference position for other measurements. Single limb stance is more representative of dynamic function than a double limb static stance position.
• patient standing in angle and base of gait
• stand on one leg by flexing knee of other leg
• measurements, such as resting calcaneal stance position can be made (see below)
• McPoil and Cornwall (1996) showed that the calcaneal angle measured in static single limb stance was a good predictor of the angle during dynamic function. The reliability found by these authors for this measurement was good. Similar results were reported by Torburn et al (1988).
• Only measures frontal plane compensation of foot
|We have not yet got to this page. We will eventually. Please contact us if you have something to contribute to it or sign up for our newsletter or like us on Facebook and Instagram or follow us on Twitter.
Page last updated: