Single Limb Stance Position:
This can be used as a reference position for other measurements. Single limb stance is more representative of dynamic function than a double limb static stance position.
• patient standing in angle and base of gait
• stand on one leg by flexing knee of other leg
• measurements, such as resting calcaneal stance position can be made (see below)
• McPoil and Cornwall (1996) showed that the calcaneal angle measured in static single limb stance was a good predictor of the angle during dynamic function. The reliability found by these authors for this measurement was good. Similar results were reported by Torburn et al (1988).
• Only measures frontal plane compensation of foot