• gluteus medius and minimus
• patient lying on side opposite of that to be tested; limb that is being examined is flexed 90 degrees at knee and placed on the examination table behind the other knee (this slightly internally rotates hip)
• one hand is placed on pelvis to stabilise and other hand on distal aspect of thigh
• patient is asked to adduct limb against this resistance
• the test can be repeated with the knee of the limb to be examined in front of the other knee (tests the more posterior fibres)
|We have not yet got to this page. We will eventually. Please contact us if you have something to contribute to it or sign up for our newsletter or like us on Facebook and Instagram or follow us on Twitter.
Page last updated: