Cutting of plantar fascia.
• recalcitrant plantar fasciitis/’heel spur’ syndrome that has not responded to conservative management (including night splints and cast immobilisation) for at least 9-12 months – many other conditions can also cause plantar heel pain check diagnosis
• cavus deformities in conjunction with rearfoot osseous procedures
• transverse, longitudinal or oblique incisions
Long term complications:
• Stress fracture (especially if overagressive resection of spur); recurrence; haematoma; scar pain
• ‘Lateral column syndrome’