Criminal Evidence by Judy Hails has an emphasis on real-world applications. The Eighth Edition provides readers with comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of common evidentiary topics in a brief, affordable format. This book thoroughly explores constitutional issues essential to the collection and seizure of admissible evidence and legal interrogation, carefully outlining concepts and processes applicable to every state and pointing out where great interstate variation exists or specific state codes may have a strong impact.
Table of Contents for Criminal Evidence:
2. The Role of the Courts.
3. The Adjudication Process.
4. Types of Evidence.
5. Direct and Circumstantial Evidence.
7. Crime Scene Evidence and Experiments.
8. Documentary Evidence, Models, Maps, and Diagrams.
9. Hearsay and Its Exceptions.
10. Privileged Communications.
11. Developing Law of Search and Seizure.
12. Field Interviews, Arrests and Jail Searches.
13. Plain View, Consent, Vehicle, and Administrative Searches.
14. USA PATRIOT Act, Foreign Intelligence, and Other Types of Electronic Surveillance Covered by Federal Law.
16. Identification Procedures.
17. Preparing the Case for Court.
|Purchase Criminal Evidence here:|
|Fishpond.nz||Book Depository (free world wide shipping)||We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.|
About the Author of Criminal Evidence:
Judy Hails has taught in the criminal justice field for over 40 years. She has authored five textbooks on criminal evidence, criminal law, and criminal procedure as well as contributing to anthologies and writing numerous journal articles. She received the Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award in 1998. She has been a visiting professor at the China Criminal Police College and Illinois State University, and an adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. She is a former sergeant with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. Her education includes: B.S. in mathematics from Loma Linda University, M.S. in criminology from CSU-Long Beach, J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law, and LL.M. in criminal justice from New York University School of Law.
Title: Criminal Evidence
Author: Judy Hails
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Published: June 1, 2013
Average Amazon.com review rating: 4.5/5
Other Forensic Podiatry Books:
|Forensic Gait Analysis||Forensic Podiatry: Principles and Methods||Forensic Medicine of the Lower Extremity||Criminal Evidence|
|Forensic Gait Analysis: Principles and Practice||Forensic Footwear Evidence: Detection, Recovery and Examination|
Page last updated: