Exercise in water, such as swimming, running (may be with weight belts) and water aerobics.
• maintenance of cardiovascular fitness by athletes
• exercise with decreased weight on joints can perform strengthening
• co-ordination exercises
• increase in muscle strength and joint flexibility
• increase in proprioceptive input
• humidity good environment for exercise in those with exercise induced asthma
Contraindications – wounds, infection and bleeding; incontinence; confusion; fear of water
|We have not yet got to this page to finish it yet. We will eventually. Please contact us if you have something to contribute to it or sign up for our newsletter or like us on Facebook and Instagram or follow us on Twitter.
Page last updated: