• depletes norepinephrine from sympathetic neurons by disrupting storage vesicles and suppressing its synthesis decreased stimulation of adrenergic receptors reduction in heart rate, reduction in cardiac output, vasodilation ( reduces blood pressure)
• can produce sedation as it depletes serotonin and catecholamines from CNS neurons
• effects similar to the alpha- and beta-adrenergic blockers
• used for hypertension and psychotic stress
• adverse effect – depression; bradycardia; hypotension
|We have not yet got to this page to finish it yet. We will eventually. Please contact us if you have something to contribute to it or sign up for our newsletter or like us on Facebook and Instagram or follow us on Twitter.
Page last updated: