Based on the solution proposed, a treatment or care plan is developed and negotiated with the patient. For each problem identified, goals (hoped for end points) and strategies to achieve those goals are developed.
Components of the treatment/care plan:
1) Identify the problem that needs to be treated
2) Explain aims and expected outcomes of the treatment
3) Get the patient’s consent and participation in the treatment
4) How the outcome of the treatment plan will be evaluated and modified
Patient’s will generally have 3 fundamental questions that need to be addressed:
1) What have I got?
2) What is going to happen to me?
3) What are the options for me?