Have patient weightbear with a piece of paper under the hallux – attempt to withdraw the paper distally to determine weightbearing of hallux.
Can be done passively and actively to evaluate first MPJ function
• Good/normal – if it is difficult to remove the paper
• Fair – can remove paper when subject is passive but not when patient actively resists
• Poor – can remove paper when subject is passive but not when patient actively resists, but resistance is only via interphalangeal joint plantarflexion
• Absent – can remove paper when patient passive and actively resists
• post- and pre-operative evaluation of hallux-abducto valgus
• loss of hallux purchase may be associated with increase lessor metatarsal head weightbearing
|We have not yet got to this page. We will eventually. Please contact us if you have something to contribute to it or sign up for our newsletter or like us on Facebook and Instagram or follow us on Twitter.
Page last updated: